(865)671-0183 info@lemayassociates.com

LeMay & Associates

Land Surveying and Civil Engineering in Knoxville, Farragut, and Loudon County Tennessee for over 40 years

Land SurveyingCivil Engineering

Get in Touch

Contact us

When do you need a boundary survey?

A boundary survey is typically required by a local planning commission, or building officials in a city or town when a homeowner/landowner is looking to build. The homeowner/landowner must get approval from the municipality before development of the project. These projects can range from something as simple as putting up a fence or pool in their yard to complex renovations or building projects. Title insurance companies often request the services of a professional land surveyor in order to resolve inaccurate property descriptions and onsite improvements so that mortgage lenders will grant loan approval. A professional boundary survey is typically required prior to land being transferred or sold, and before land is subdivided, or improved (for example, putting up fences, or installing pools, buildings, retaining walls or roads).

Types of Surveys we provide:


Mortgage Surveys

Boundary Surveys

Topographic Surveys



Civil Engineering Services

Subdivision Design

Site Development

Roadway Design

Drainage Design

Drainage Calculations

Sanitary Sewer Design

Construction Observation

Conceptual Drawings

We Provide Civil Engineering Design for




Medical Facilities

Shopping Centers

Office Parks

Multi-Family Housing

Commercial or Industrial Facilities